|Photo by Keely Scott, courtesy of Compassion International|
- I don't have to travel halfway around the globe to see people living in extreme poverty.
- Sponsorship makes a difference . . . a BIG difference in the lives of these children.
- A sponsor's letters are a treasure to a sponsored child. One 20 year old young man (now in college) showed a package containing every letter his sponsor had ever written to him since he was first sponsored at age 6.
- The churches that host the Compassion child development program provide the local connection that makes all the difference in the success of this ministry.
- On average, 500 Compassion kids give their life to Christ every day.
- People who have so little are capable of gratitude for even the smallest blessings in their lives.
- When I wonder where God is in the midst of such poverty, the answer is, "He's already there."
- For these kids, joy has nothing to do with material wealth.
- I need to stop thinking that others are better qualified to deal with the tragedy that these bloggers wrote about. As a Christian, poverty is MY problem.